Washington and Lee University
Search the Information Technology Services Knowledge Base:
Does the university license Poll Everywhere? (link)

Yes! The university has a campus-wide license for Poll Everywhere. If you would like to use Poll Everywhere for a class, organization or department, contact the Information Desk in Leyburn Library at 540-458-4357 or send an email to help@wlu.edu with your request.

Applies To: Faculty, Staff

Score: 100.0 - Updated: 8/30/2011 4:14:03 PM - Was this helpful?
What is Poll Everywhere? (link)

Poll Everywhere is a web-based software that allows presenters or professors to poll the audience or class during a meeting, presentation, or class session. Students or the audience can respond via text messages from a cell phone or by going to a Poll Everywhere website and choosing an answer. The results of the poll can be displayed live on a web page or within a PowerPoint presentation.

Applies To: Faculty, Staff, Students

Score: 100.0 - Updated: 8/30/2011 4:18:07 PM - Was this helpful?
How do I retrieve data from a Poll Everywhere polling session after I've cleared it? (link)

Please view the document on how to retrieve data from a Poll Everywhere polling session after you’ve cleared it. If you have two sections of the same course, you would run the poll for the first section. You would clear the data after you run the poll for the first section, and then run the poll for the second section. If you want to get back to the data from the first section, this is how you would do it.

Score: 77.5 - Updated: 1/2/2012 12:57:19 PM - Was this helpful?
How do I borrow a license for Autodesk? (link)
( Restricted to authenticated users. Log In to view this answer. )

Applies To: Faculty, Staff

Score: 10.0 - Updated: 10/10/2012 2:09:53 PM - Was this helpful?
Where can I follow Washington and Lee University? (link)

You can follow Washington and Lee on any of the following social media sites. Click on these links on the bottom of the W&L homepage:

"What's News" blog
Facebook fan page
YouTube Channel
Twitter feed
University News RSS feed
"Generally Speaking" e-Newsletter


Score: 7.5 - Updated: 10/1/2010 3:16:27 PM - Was this helpful?
What software does W&L license for faculty and staff? (link)

The University provides site licensing for these products on University-owned equipment:

  • Microsoft Windows Upgrades
  • Microsoft Office Professional and Enterprise
  • Symantec Anti-Virus, Corporate Edition

In addition, these products are licensed for all student-owned computers.


Faculty and staff may install Microsoft Office on their personally-owned computers if its use is primarily for work-related purposes. Employees may purchase installation media at the University Store provided they sign a Work-at-Home Agreement at the Store.

Please contact your ITS Client Services Support Specialist for licensing information on other software products. ITS can often provide licensed installations at no charge to the department or provide significant volume discounts for certain products.

Applies To: Faculty, Staff

Score: 6.0 - Updated: 10/1/2010 3:59:49 PM - Was this helpful?
What poster printing requests will the University Library accept? (link)

  • Requests from outside the University community will not be accepted.
  • Jobs from faculty, students, and staff must meet one or more of the following criteria: (1) works made for classroom use, (2) for poster sessions (3) Science, Society, and the Arts or other conference presentations, and/or (4) Capstone projects.
  • There will be a 48 hour turnaround for these services. Printing and scanning will take place Monday through Friday during the academic year.
  • Copyright compliance will be the responsibility of the user. Clients will be asked to sign a statement accepting responsibility for adhering to University Copyright Policy. The University Library staff reserves the right to refuse to accept any scanning or printing request if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
  • Questions about these services should be directed to Elizabeth Anne Teaff, University Library’s Access Services Manager
  • Score: 5.0 - Updated: 7/24/2013 10:38:36 AM - Was this helpful?
    How long do I have access to e-mail after leaving the University? (Faculty/Staff) (link)
    ( Restricted to authenticated users. Log In to view this answer. )
    Score: 4.3 - Updated: 7/12/2013 2:35:42 PM - Was this helpful?
    What are some important notes for me (student) living on campus when using my University phone? (link)
    • Because the system offers PhoneMail, call waiting is not available.
    • To dial any campus extension, dial only the last four digits.
    • On long distance calls, you will be billed for a one minute call if you listen to a ring or   busy signal for 30 seconds or more after completion of dialing.

    Applies To: Students

    Score: 3.3 - Updated: 10/4/2010 8:42:57 AM - Was this helpful?
    How do I (Staff/Faculty/Adjunct)move my documents to a personal Box Account when I leave University? (link)
    ( Restricted to authenticated users. Log In to view this answer. )

    Applies To: Faculty, Staff

    Score: 3.0 - Updated: 5/20/2015 2:10:02 PM - Was this helpful?
    Related Resources
    Antivirus Atomic Learning BizHub Box Campus Notices Classrooms Colleague Contacts Creative Cloud Digication Distribution Lists Dream Weaver Email Email Archive Email Clients EOP eportfolio Gnome GPS Ingeniux Internet Explorer iPad Kindle L Drive Lab Macintosh Mail MDID Microsoft Office Office365 Outlook OWA Password phishing Phones Poll Everywhere Poster Printing Projector Pulse RightFax Sakai SCOLA Security SharePoint Software Symantec Sympodium Tegrity VDI WebAdvisor Wireless Zotero